Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ode To My Snowman Pajama Pants


I was casually shopping at Old Navy several years ago,
When I came across pajama pants covered in snow.
Well, snowmen to be exact, wearing scarves of yellow and red,
And I decided they would be the perfect pants to wear to bed!
They stuck around for many years, even got me through my divorce.
They lived in Urbandale and Ankeny and Cedar Falls of course.
They were big and baggy, and comfortable as hell.
I wore them all winter long and in the summer sometimes as well.
This winter their primary job was as long underwear,
When jeans alone wouldn't do because it was so cold out there.
They started wearing a little thin, especially in the ass,
And I knew their time would be coming soon to pass.
They spent their last day on a farm, trudging through thigh high snow.
I knew it was too much for them, it was their time to go.
They went out with a BANG! splitting across the ass and at the seams.
Thank you pajama pants! Eternal rest, and sweet dreams!
RIP Snowman Pajama Pants
11-2005 to 2-2010
You will be dearly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment